Threat Intelligence on the Frontlines
JUNE 18, 2019 @ 10:00 AM (ST) | JUNE 17, 2019 @ 7:00 PM (PT)
Today, defeating cyber attackers and the techniques they employ requires real-time insight and intelligence. Staying ahead of attacks, instead of merely reacting, is the heart of cyber threat intelligence. To illustrate the importance of these capabilities to both public and private sector organizations, Tavis will draw from recent real-world intelligence findings, such as FireEye’s collaboration with Facebook and Google to identify Iranian government influence campaigns, as well as our identification of North Korean state-sponsored groups targeting the energy sector.
Senior Intelligence Optimisation Analyst, FireEye
A Red Team Case Study
JUNE 18, 2019 @ 2:00 PM (ST) | JUNE 17, 2019 @ 11:00 PM (PT)
ToRed Team assessments help organizations identify weaknesses in their current detection and response procedures so they can update their existing security programs to better deal with modern threats. We'll look at a red team case study detailed in FireEye's M-Trends 2019 report where consultants performed an objective-based assessment that emulated a real cyber attack of an advanced, nation state attacker across the entire attack lifecycle.
Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, APAC, FireEye
APT Groups: How They Think, What They Want, and How to Fight Them
JUNE 18, 2019 @ 10:30 AM (BST) | JUNE 18, 2019 @ 2:30 AM (PT)
Like most cyber criminals, advanced persistent threat (APT) groups try to steal data, disrupt operations, and destroy infrastructure. But unlike other attackers, APT attackers pursue their objectives over months or even years, adapting to defenses and frequently retargeting the same victim.
Join this webinar to hear David Grout, FireEye EMEA Chief Technology Officer explain how effective cyber threat intelligence (CTI) helps you understand APT groups’ intents and tactics so you can stay ahead of attacks, instead of just reacting to them. He’ll also provide:
- A high-level overview of the nation-state interests driving APT activity
- Insight into the most recent APT attacks investigated by FireEye
- A deep dive into the workings of APT40, a Chinese cyber espionage group that typically targets countries and organizations strategically important to the country’s “Belt and Road Initiative.”
CTO, EMEA, FireEye
Using Risk Management to Optimize Cybersecurity Costs
JUNE 18, 2019 @ 8:00 AM (PT)
Cyber risk management is increasingly becoming a strategic priority for executive leaders worldwide, though many organizations find it challenging to accurately anticipate, prioritize, and forecast risk mitigation.
C-level executives can meet these challenges by engaging their boards and security teams to ensure they have the right data to scope risk-based focus areas. This allows the organization to plan effectively while keeping necessary security investments top of mind.
Join this webinar with Matt Keane, FireEye Mandiant Senior Director of Risk Management Services, as he explains how to:
- Identify the top risks your organization based on threat intelligence – and communicate these trends to your board of directors in a way they’ll hear
- Ensure the board’s security investment decisions support your organization’s appetite for risk
- Establish a framework that ensures alignment of strategic priorities and security spending
- Track the right risk performance metrics to monitor changes in your unique risk profile, so that you can shift priorities and spending when needed
- Apply these lessons through a sample business scenario
Register for this webinar to learn how executives like yourself can effectively implement these cyber risk management practices today.
Senior Director, Risk Management Services, FireEye Mandiant
Cyber Threats and Elections: What You Need to Know
JUNE 19, 2019 @ 8:00 AM (PT)
Election security has become a growing priority for governments and citizens alike on a global scale. While cyber-enabled interference and election tampering continues to make headlines, coverage of the root cause can seem unclear due to the wide range of differing threats facing entities within an election’s ecosystem.
Join this webinar with Luke McNamara, Principal Analyst of Threat Intelligence, as he uncovers:
- Frontline attacker activity observed by FireEye across a range of election-driven threat actors—and their key target areas
- A risk framework for organizations to categorize election threat activities and targets
- Beyond the enterprise, how risks can impact individuals and donors involved in political campaigns
- Best practices and strategies to help election administrators reduce risk gleaned from threat actors
- The anticipated evolution of sophisticated attacker techniques in future elections
Principal Intelligence Analyst, FireEye
A Review of Cyber Resilience – Past, Present, and Future
JUNE 20, 2019 @ 2:00 PM (ST) | JUNE 19, 2019 @ 11:00 PM (PT)
Rapidly evolving threats and infiltration techniques have rendered traditional cyber defense strategies insufficient and ineffective. The emerging threat vectors and speed of change amplified by the digital transformation cannot be addressed by traditional means. Globally, laws are also changing to keep pace as cybercrime evolves, knowing no boundaries. Therefore, organizations must be nimble and agile to keep pace with policy changes, especially when expanding across different jurisdictions.
Join us as we discuss three strategic imperatives to strengthen cyber resilience:
- Understand (know your threats) – Identify organization- and industry-specific cyber threats and regulations calls for robust strategies that include cross-disciplinary considerations.
- Measure (know yourself) – Quantify the potential financial impact of cyber exposures to compare against the level of risk appetite acceptable to the board. This will determine the amount of investment necessary to mitigate and transfer any residual risk.
- Manage (know what you can do) – Proactively manage cyber risks by having clear action plans based on your capabilities and capacities to protect against cyber criminals.
While cyber-attacks are inevitable, proper preparation is the essential element that sets resilient organizations apart from the rest in managing risk, minimizing damage, and recovering quickly from any incidents.
Rob van der Ende
Vice President APJ, FireEye Mandiant
Head of Cyber Practice Asia, Marsh
Top 5 Cloud Security Myths Debunked
JUNE 20, 2019 @ 6:00 AM (PT)
Through 2022, at least 95% of cloud security failures are predicted to be the customer’s fault (Gartner). But change how you think about cloud security, and you can be a success story.
Join our webinar, which helps debunk several common myths that jeopardize your fast, secure, migration to the cloud:
- The cloud is unsafe
- My organization doesn’t use the cloud
- My cloud provider will keep me secure
- The cloud is just someone else’s computer
- Advanced adversaries aren’t attacking the cloud
You’ll also learn how to identify a trusted advisor for cloud migration so you can confidently take advantage of cloud advancements.